This post may contain affiliate and/or referral links to products or services, but only things that I truly love, have tried and recommend. See my disclosure policy here.
The average cable bill is around $106, but most people I know with cable have bills that are $120+!!! Now, this is just silly.
It is time to cut the cable… you can do it! AND you don’t have to give up LIVE tv!
There are so many great alternatives out there – SlingTV, DirectTV Now, PlayStation Vue – these are some that I have subscribed to and will be posting blogs on each of them soon. But the one I like the best so far is Hulu With Live TV! Here’s why:
- Cost: $39.99/mo (total with FL taxes = $43.91)
- You get all 3 major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC)
- Easy to navigate screens and TV listings
- Watch on 2 screens at the same time (or upgrade $14.99 for unlimited screens)
- Record Live TV with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage (or upgrade $14.99 for 200 hrs)
- Get unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library (Limited Commercials plan) with full seasons of exclusive series, hit movies, Hulu Originals, kids shows, and more
- Stream 50+ top Live and On Demand TV channels including sports, news, and entertainment
Honestly, I could totally get rid of Netflix at this point – there is so much available to watch on Hulu!
Some really cool things I’ve discovered with Hulu with Live TV is they offer BOTH East Coast and West Coast versions of some channels like Turner Classic Movies, TNT and TBS!
Plus I love how you can start watching a live show, flip to another channel or turn the TV off and it’s there waiting for you to finish it when you come back! You can also customize what you like and set up profiles for each family member so that when you log on, your HGTV shows are ready for you and Riverdale is ready for your teen!
The One Downside…
There are no Hallmark channels. 😢 I do miss my Christmas Hallmark movies, but I’ll manage!
To watch Hulu with Live TV you will need:
- high-speed internet (Frontier has been great for me and I got a deal for internet service for 2 years for only $35/mo!)
- One of these streaming devices ( iOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV & Fire Stick, Apple TV (4th gen), Chromecast, Xbox One & Xbox 360, and Samsung (select TV models), LG (select TV models), and Nintendo Switch – more devices coming soon!
If you want to get your feet wet before jumping into streaming, you can get a FREE 7-day trial of Hulu with Live TV here!
If you are ready to go live with Hulu TV, be sure and use Ebates! They are offering up to $25 cash back when you sign up for Hulu thru Ebates. Click here if you don’t have an Ebates account and get started saving!